Anisette Knot Cookies
Anisette Knot Cookies.
For 1 Dozen(s)
To make the Cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg and one egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Anise Extract
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To make the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup Sambuca or Anisette liqueur
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- To make the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place the egg, yolk , oil, anise extract and the sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until fully absorbed.
- Working with a handful of dough at a time, roll out the dough into a 1 inch thick rope.
- Cut 5-6 inch pieces and shape each piece into an Knot about 2 inches apart.
- Bake For 15 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the Glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and sambuca until smooth.
- Dip each cookie into the glaze and let dry on a wire rack.