Rotolla di Manzo Ripieno
Ground beef rolled and stuffed with ricotta, spinach and mushrooms cooked a la parmigiana.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Rotolla:
- 2 pounds medium ground beef ( pork can also be used)
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach ( 1 cup of chopped frozen spinach can be used)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella (scamorza or anything that melts nicely can be used)
- salt and pepper
- Saute spinach, onion and mushroom until soft and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add ground meat, bread crumbs, oregano, parmigiano, and beaten egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Place meat mixture between sheets of parchment paper and using hands or a rolling pin, flatten out until you have made a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Layer ricotta cheese and all other ingredients evenly over surface of the meat.
- Using the parchment paper and both hands begin tightly rolling meat until you have made a log.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, cut into 1 or 2 inch slices.
- Squeeze slice firmly with your hand to make sure it does not separate then fry with some oil in a hot pan for 2 minutes each side.
- In a baking tray, add some tomato sauce and the fried meat slices.
- Top with more sauce and grated cheese then bake covered for 35 minutes at 375F and uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with some fresh chopped basil and serve.
Typical of a dish made "a la parmigiana" the wonderful combination of cheese and sauce transport simple meat and ingredients into something wonderful.
Entree Recipes, Meat Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes, Meatloaf Recipes
It was wonderful and the house and the neighborhood smelled like an Italian restaurant.......would i...
See Full Review >> - melimom