Almond Ravioli... delicate cookies filled with Almond Paste!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 pound almond paste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 Lb Crisco or Lard
For the Dough:
- 1 pound 00 flour
- 1 pound lard or Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Bag - Vanillina Pane Degli Angeli or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- milk as needed - about 1/4 cup
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Mix the almond paste, the egg whites and the sugars together.
- At the end fold in the chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, mix all the dough ingredients and add as much milk as necessary to make the dough soft and elastic. Cover it and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Take a small ball of dough the size of a golf ball and roll it in your hand. With your finger, press and indentation into the dough and fill it with the filling. Close cover the filling with the dough on the sides of the ball and roll it again in your hands. Place it on a baking sheet and with the palm of your hand press it down.
- Make all your cookies and bake them at 375F for about 10 Min.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes
This recipe is delicious, but the temperature of the oven is too high, they will burn before they co...
See Full Review >> - difranco31
this recipe sounds good but why don't these recipes say how many cookies it makes. Too many of the...
See Full Review >> - champ