Almond Eggs - Uova di Mandorle
Almond Eggs - Uova di Mandorle to help you celebrate easter with colors and sweets!
For 1 Person(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 pound whole peeled almonds
- 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- lemons, zest only
- 4 drops red food coloring
- all purpose flour for dusting the bottoms
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process for exactly 2 minutes.
- Place the almonds in a bowl and add the sugar, egg whites and lemon zest. Mix until a thick paste comes together.
- Divide the almond paste into 4 equal parts in separate bowls. Add food coloring to each bowl and mix together until the color is uniform. Chill the dough for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the dough is chilled roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper using 1/4 inch rolling guides.
- Cut out different sized eggs with cookie cutters.
- Dust the bottoms with four and transfer to the baking sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Avoid moving the cookies off the foil until they cool. The cookies will be soft right out of the oven. They will firm up as they cool.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- To decorate with sugar glaze stir the sugar and milk together until you have a liquid glaze. For a thinner glaze add milk by the teaspoon until you reach your desired consistency.
- Dip each heart halfway in the glaze. Lay on a wire rack and decorate with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet. Allow the glaze to dry completely before serving.