Lemon Strawberry Ricotta Cake
This cake is another take on Nonna's classic Ciambella. I love experimenting with bundt cakes and this one can bring a big whiff of spring into the air. A lemon scented cake is accented by sweet fresh strawberries and creamy ricotta. Perfect for your Amore!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped small
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease desired bundt pan with butter or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter, sugar, juice, zest and extract. Mix on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the ricotta and the eggs one at a time.
- Lower the speed to low and alternate adding in the dry ingredients with the milk ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in the strawberries and pour into the prepared pan.
- If using the heart bundt pan bake for 50-55 minutes. If using a regular bundt pan bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and reverse onto a plate. Cool completely before serving.
- To make the glaze:
- In a small bowl whisk all the glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake.