Pasta, Beans and Mussels - Pasta, Fagioli e Cozze
Pasta, Beans and Mussels... another great dish for your Christmas Eve dinner and all year round when you are in the mood for something tasty!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and washedand beards removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups ceushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound dried ditalini pasta
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Put a 12-14 inch on with a lid over a medium high flame and add the mussels. Cover and steam until all the mussels have opened, about 5-7 minutes. She’ll all the mussels and transfer the fruit to a bowl. Reserve all the juice and set aside.
- Rinse out the same pan and dry the inside. Put the pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.Once the garlic is beginning to turn golden add the crushed tomatoes and the wine.
- Cook until the alcohol has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes. Add the beans and the water reserved from the mussels.
- Raise the flame to medium-high and Continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and black pepper as desired.
- Separately cook the pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and add the pasta to the pot with the sauce.
- Add the fruit of the mussels to the pan and continue cooking everything together for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a drizzle of good quality extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Nonna Anna Buonsante, First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mussels Recipes, Pasta e Fagioli Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes