A luscious, light as air dessert made with Limoncello, mascarpone and white chocolate.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Mousse:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 cup whipping cream
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Add water and sugar to a pot .
- Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks until fluffy and begin to lighten in color.
- While beating eggs slowly add sugar and water mixture, beat for 1 minute.,
- Melt white chocolate and butter together until smooth. The chocolate should cool slightly and slowly be added to the egg mixture.
- Add 2 oz of Limoncello, stir until well mixed.
- Fold mascarpone into chocolate mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until it is light and fluffy with stiff peaks.
- Fold whipped cream and lemon zest into chocolate mascarpone mixture until well blended.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or glass of your choice.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours, preferably over night.
- Garnish with some white chocolate and candied lemon or fresh berries and mint.
*** SEE FULL RECIPE DESCRIPTION AND PHOTOS in "The Stories".