Decadent, rich and light as a cloud chocolate mousse.
For 12 Person(s)
For the Mousse:
- 4 ounces good quality, dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Bring water and sugar to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes.
- Place egg yolks in mixing bowl and slowly pour in sugar/water mixture.
- Mix until pale yellow and thickened.
- In a stainless steel bowl, set over a pot of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate and butter.
- Whisk melted chocolate into egg mixture until blended.
- In a separate bowl, pour the cream then whip until stiff.
- Add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and gently fold together until no streaks remain.
- With a spoon or a piping bag, fill cups or ramekins 3/4 full. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
The mousse can be eaten on its own or it can be topped with any number of ingredients. This mousse was topped with fresh whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans.
Buon gusto ! - NonnaLinda
Easy to make and Outstanding!! - mlieggimantovano