Brioche Con Crema - Cream Puffs
Brioche con crema or cream puffs are my favorite desserts. Nothing like the tasteless ones you buy in the bakery. The cream is made from scratch. The smell of cinnamon or cannella together with a whole lemon rind is unforgetable.
For 15 Batch(es)
For the Puffs:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
For the Cream:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly neaten
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon peel
Start Thinking of Christmas!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Cups and Pots
Get both HERE!!!
- Combine butter and water in saucepan; bring to a boil and then lower heat until butter is melted.
- Add flour all at one time and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Add unbeaten eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition; continue beating until a thick dough is formed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet or parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Bake in a hot oven (425 degrees) about 25-30 minutes. Do not open door during early part of baking.
- When cool, with a small knife, cut a slit in the side of each cream puff and fill with cream. Before serving, dust with confectionery sugar.
- Yields 15 puffs
- Cream Filling:
- Combine dry ingredients in top of double boiler, stir milk gradually. Cook over boiling water until thickened, stirring constantly. Cover and cook for 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir a little of the hot mixture into slightly beaten eggs or egg yolks; slowly stir into remaining hot mixture. Cook over hot (not boiling water) for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Chill.
In step #8 it says combine dry ingredients, that is when you also add the lemon peel and the cinnamo...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago
My mom taught me years ago, the cinnamon stick we leave in the pot while cooking and the lemon peel ...
See Full Review >> - Espresso1035
Just tried this recipe yesterday. Delicious! This recipe is a keeper. Grazie. - BellaVita1