Sesame Anise Olive Oil Cookies
Sesame Anise Olive Oil Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anise oil or 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- sesame Seeds as desired
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and anise oil or extract. Mix with an electric mixer until pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly start incorporating the dry ingredients until fully absorbed and a slightly sticky dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Take a tablespoon of dough at a time and roll it into a 1/2 inch rope. Roll the rope into an S shape and place each cookie 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.