Struffoli di Aquilonia
Struffoli di Aquilonia (Avellino) an easy and delicious treat from Campania for Christmas.
- Beat the egg and mix it with 1 Tsp of olive oil, the powdered sugar and the flour.
- Mix well to form a small ball of dough.
- Wrap in plastic paper and let it rest for about 20 mins.
- Take a piece of dough, roll it on a wooden board into a long round strip and with a knife cut it in small Struffoli of just less that 1/2 inch. Preferably roll them into small balls.
- Make all your Struffoli.
- Once all the Struffoli are made, fry all of them in oil.
- Put the honey in a flat pan, warm it up so that it becomes very liquid and toss the Struffoli in the honey.
- Fold the Struffoli until they are all coated with honey. Plate them and sprinkle them with colored sprinkles.
Sorry!!!!! The Sugar correction has been made! :) - rossella rago
No indication on powder sugar when to add - sandyeng
And the sugar??? - Debbpic