Stuffed Peppers - Peperoni Imbottiti
Stuffed Peppers... with a stuffing of eggplant... very unique!
4th July Recipes:
For 6 Person(s)
For the Peppers:
- 6 large red or yellow peppers
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (sometimes I use stale bread if I have any, that's what my mom used: soak hard bread in water, squeeze water out, and break in small pieces)
- 1 can of anchovies, cut up
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Set your over to 300-325F degrees.
- Wash the peppers, leaving them whole. Place peppers onto a baking sheet or aluminum foil and place into oven. Roast peppers, turning them until the skin is blackened all around.
- Place peppers in a paper bag and close tightly. Let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the bag and peel blackened skin off. Remove the stem and the seeds. It's okay if the pepper breaks open, since it doesn’t have to be in one piece to stuff.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the garlic.
- Add the eggplant, add salt to taste, and cook until soft over medium heat.
- Add the bread crumbs, black olives, capers and anchovies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange each pepper in a baking pan with a bit of olive oil sprinkled on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill peppers with stuffing mixture and close together with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of bread crumbs and olive oil on top of each pepper.
- Bake them for about 30 minutes
Entree Recipes, Campania Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, Nonna Gilda Taormina, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Peppers Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes
I know I will like it. Cook this tonight. - kokowhyte