Apple Cinnamon Ciambella Cake with Toasted Almonds
Apple Cinnamon Ciambella Cake with Toasted Almonds.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Ciambella:
- 5 apples (I used Granny Smith, but you can mix them!) peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 packets Vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided - Vanillina available in La Bottega
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds, coarsely chopped
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Spray a tube pan or angel food pan with baking spray, set aside
- In a bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon and 5 tablespoons of the sugar. Toss to coat all the apples in the mixture. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the remaining sugar, oil, milk, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until they are just absorbed. Do not over mix! Fold in the almonds.
- Spread about half the batter in the prepared pan and add half the apples on top. Top with the remaining batter and arrange the remaining apples on the top of the cake along with any juices that have collected in the bowl.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!