Classic Osso Buco
Veal shanks or veal leg cut across the bone slowly braised to perfection.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Osso Buco:
- 4 veal shank steaks approx 1 inch thick
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 bay leaves
- all purpose flour for dredging meat
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 350*F
- Dredge shanks lightly with flour and fry in olive oil until browned on both sides, place in a roasting pan.
- Saute` all veggies in same pan until slightly soft approx 8 minutes.
- Add sauce and wine and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour veggies over veal shanks in roasting pan and add the bay leaves.
- Cover and place in oven for approx. 1 hour.
- Remove cover and roast for 25 minutes.
- The osso buco should be fork tender with a thick sauce and tender veggies.
This dish can be eaten on its own, with plain white rice added to the sauce or a risotto alla milanese. Enjoy
Entree Recipes, Meat Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Osso Buco Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes