Rigatoni with Fire Roasted Peppers Sauce
Rigatoni with Fire Roasted Peppers Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 12 ounces fire roasted red peppers with juices
- 1 small onion cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt, as desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Add the peppers, onion and garlic cloves to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Put a large saute pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the red pepper flakes and the pureed peppers and basil. Bring to a boil and stir in the heavy cream.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and drop in the rigatoni. Cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmigiano, allowing the residual heat from the pan to melt the cheese.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkle of Parmigianno cheese.