Amarena Almond Baked Apples
Amarena Almond Baked Apples.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Apples:
- 1 8oz jar of Amarena Cherries
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 6 Amaretti cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur or water, divided
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 honeycrisp or Fuji apples, washed and patted dry
- 2 cups water
- Get the Ingredients you need for the Recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the filling:
- Pour the amarena cherries through a strainer into a small bowl. Reserve the syrup. Set aside.
- Place the almonds and the amaretti cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they resemble coarse crumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cherries, softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of the amaretto extract and 2 tablespoons of the amarena syrup.
- Core the apples:
- Core the apples by using a sharp paring knife, cut around the core, about halfway or 3/4 down into the apple. Use a spoon to carefully dig out the core. Takes a bit of patience and arm muscle. Once the core is out, use a spoon to dig out any more seeds.
- Fill the cavities of apples with the filling and place them in a 9 inch glass pie plate. Fill the plate with the 2 cups of water and the remaining 2 tablespoons of amaretto.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, depending on how soft you like your apples.