Boiled Chestnuts - Castagne Bollite
Boiled Chestnuts (Castagne Bollite)... one of the pleasures of the fall season!
- Wash the chestnuts in cold water and put them in a pot.
- Add the bay leaves and the star anise (or fennel seeds).
- Fill the pot with cold water with 1 1/2" inches above the chetnuts.
- Boil the chestnuts for about 30-45 mins. depending on their size.
- Drain the water and remove the skin while they are still warm as the inside skin will come off easier.
- Alternatively, cut them in half and remove/eat the fruit with a small teaspoon.