Chewy Pistachio Crinkle Cookies
Chewy Pistachio Crinkle Cookies.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white
- confectioners sugar for rolling
- whole pistachios for decorating (optional)
- Yield: about 15-16 cookies
- Get the Vanillina needed for this recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the pistachios to the bowl of a food processor and process till very finely ground, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to the bowl with the ground pistachios. Mix with a wooden spoon until there are no lumps. Add in the vanilla, almond extract and egg white and mix with your hands until a paste forms. The paste should hold its shape.
- Add some granulated sugar to a shallow dish. Add some confectioners sugar to a separate shallow dish.
- Take a level tablespoon of dough (I used an actual tablespoon to measure) and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the granulated sugar first and then in the confectioners sugar.
- Place the cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet and place the whole pistachio on top, making sure to press each Pistachio into the cookie and flattening them slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
*The cookies may still feel slightly soft out of the oven, but they will firm up as they cool.