Chocolate Chiacchiere Recipe
Chocolate Chiacchiere Recipe. Celebrate Carnevale with plenty of Chiacchiere!!!!
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Chiacchiere:
- 1 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 orange, zest only
- pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- Confectioners Sugar for dusting
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and sugar.
- Make a well and add in the eggs. Whisk with a fork until blended.
- Add in the milk, rum, zest and salt and begin to knead with your hands until a supple dough forms. If the dough is dry add 1 tablespoon of milk. If the dough is too soft add a sprinkle of flour.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough out as thin as possible. Using a ravioli cutter, cut out rectangles about 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Dab the centers of the rectangles with a bit of water and pinch down to make a bow shape.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil and fry in batches until the chiacchiere are crisp, about 30 seconds to one minute. Do not overlook. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and dust with confectioners sugar.