Amarena Cherry Filled Chocolate Truffles
Amarena Cherry Filled Chocolate Truffles.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Truffles:
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped. You can also use semisweet chocolate chips if that’s all you have.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8oz jar Amarena Cherries, drained and put into a bowl. See below for LINK.
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for rolling
- Optional: chopped Pistachio’s for rolling, you can also use any other chopped nuts or sprinkles. See below for LINK.
Use the code Pasta10
and Save 10% on all Pasta and
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Get the Amarena and the Chopped Pistacchio HERE!
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream on the stove until simmering. You can also use your microwave.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until chocolate is firm.
- Using a tablespoon, roll the chocolate out into balls.
*This will get your hands dirty!
- Using your finger make a small hole in the truffle and insert the amarena Cherry. Re-roll the truffle between your hands and roll them in the toppings.
- Place the truffles on a tray and refrigerate until firm, about 20-30 minutes.
- I like to serve them from the fridge, but they can easily be served at room temperature.
Cover tightly and store truffles at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
-if the chocolate seems too soft while rolling just pop it back in the refrigerator until firm again.
-If things get too messy, you can also wear rubber gloves while rolling the truffles. Coating your hands in cocoa powder can also help