Lemon Ricotta Ring Cookies Recipe
Lemon Ricotta Ring Cookies Recipe.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon cuice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- sprinkles to decorate
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- For the Cookies:
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, lemon juice and zest and the egg until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Flour your hands and take about a tablespoon of dough in you hands. Roll the dough into a rope about 1 inch thick and form a ring. Place each cookie about 2 inches apart onto and ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake about 10-12minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft)
- While the cookies are baking whisk together the confectioners sugar, lemon juice and butter until smooth. While the cookies are still hot from the oven dip them in the glaze. Decorate with sprinkles as desired.
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.