Manicotti with Spinach and Ricotta
Manicotti with Spinach and Ricotta. A specila dish for your Sunday dinner, holidays and all special occasions.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 basil leaves, torn
For the Filling:
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta impastata
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and excess water squeezed out
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley
For the Manicotti:
- 12 Manicotti tubes
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the sauce:
- Put a 3 quart saucepan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onions and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Tear the basil by hand into pieces and add it to the pan.
- Lower the flame to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
To make the filling:
- I’m the bowl of a food processor combine the ricotta, spinach, 1 3/4 cups of the cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth. Remove to a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To make the Manicotti:
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the Manicotti and cook until very al dente, about 5–7 minutes. Drain and run under cold Running water. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add about 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of a large lasagne pan.
- Spoon the filling into each of the Manicotti tubes until full. Arrange over the sauce in the pan. Add about another cup of sauce over the Manicotti and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with any leftover sauce.
Good recipe but directions kind of vague . Shredded mozzarella ? Parsley goes in sauce or filling ? - nigel1