Nanina's Bocconotti Calabresi
Nutella or Jelly filled pastry. Perfect with a cup of espresso or tea. This recipe has been used by my mom for as long as I can remember, especially for Easter.
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- In large bowl mix eggs, sugar and Crisco--mix well
- In a separate bowl add baking powder to flour--use a wire whisk to mix together
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, if using a hand mixers set on low
- Spray tins and layer the tin with mixture
- Add a teaspoon of filling an then cover with more mixture
- Smooth and remove extra dough to leave a clean trim
- Place on cookie sheet and bake til golden brown about 20 minutes
- Wait to completely cool before removing from tins
If the dough sticks to your hands add a tablespoon of flour and mix well. Do not over fill the center or it will leak out.
A childhood memory of my husband Giacchino. Thankful for these recipes. - Castronovo