Nonna Maria’s Zucchini & Ham Bake
Nonna Maria’s Zucchini & Ham Bake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Bake:
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into slices a little less than 1/4 inch thick. You may also use a micro plane to cut them.
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, torn or cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces Scamorza or Mozzarella cheese, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Oil a 10-11 inch pan.
- In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs, cheeses, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place a layer of zucchini in the bottom of the pan. Top with 1/3 of the ham, 1/3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Repeat twice more.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese on top begins to turn golden brown.
- Cool for 30-40 minutes before cutting. May be served warm or at room temperature.
This was decadent! I never measured anything and it baked for 40 minutes. The salt and pepper was sp...
See Full Review >> - smartwoman1958