A rich and luscious dessert made with Nutella and Mascarpone cheese. It's decadent and light as a cloud.
Perfect for ALL Holidays!
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream ( 35%)
- 12 savoiardi cookies (can be substituted with cookies of your choice)
- dark chocolate for drizzling
- fresh strawberries for garnish
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Combine the sugar and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the sugar has melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy.
- Slowly drizzle the water and sugar mixture into the egg whites and beat until shiny (approx. 1 minute)
- Warm the Nutella until pourable ( do not over heat) and slowly pour it into the egg white mixture. Mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and mix until blended with Nutella mixture and no lumps remain.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream until thick and stiff.
- Now gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream .
- Mix until nicely marbled but do not over mix.
- Crush the cookies making sure to leave some chunks intact.
- Place them in a mold or baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Fill the bottom of the mold or tray until just covered with cookie.
- Cover the cookie with the semmifreddo mixture, wrap with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from mold or cut desired shape out of tray and plate.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate and strained puree of fresh strawberries.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and serve immediately.
For a further detailed instructional photos on this recipe click here: http://www.indannyskitchen.com/2012/01/nutella-semifreddo-happy-valentines-day.html