Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
Nutella Thumbprint Cookies.
For 1 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup Nutella, room temperature, plus more for filling the cookies
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons 00 or all purpose flour
- Optional: crushed hazelnuts or sprinkles for decorating
- Get the Products/Ingredients featured in the Nutella Thumbprint Cookies HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the 1/2 cup Nutella, egg and Vanillina in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour and beat until just absorbed and a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1 level tablespoon sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Using your finger, make indentations in the middle of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of Nutella into the indentations. Top with crushed pistachios or sprinkles. Or both!