Pandoro Christmas Tree Cake with Limoncello Cream
Pandoro Christmas Tree Cake with Limoncello Cream.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Pandoro:
- 1 Pandoro
- 1 cup limoncello for brushing
For the Limoncello Cream:
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 3/4 + 2 tablespoons limoncello liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 egg yolks
- peel of one lemon, cut into one long piece
For the Decorations:
- confectioners sugar for sprinkling
- candied cherries for decorating
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the milk, limoncello, heavy cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, egg yolks and lemon peel.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Turn the flame onto medium low and whisk continuously until the mixture begins to thicken, about 15 minutes. Once the cream can coat the back of a spoon remove from heat. Strain any lumps if necessary and press plastic wrap directly into the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Cool to room temperature before using.
- Lay the pandoro on it’s side and using a long serrated edge knife cut slices about 2 inches thick. You should be able to get about 5 slices. If the bottom piece is uneven, cut it so it can sit up flat.
- Brush the bottom layer with about 1/5 of the limoncello and top it with the lemon cream.
- Put the next slice on top at an angle so that the points of the star are staggered. Repeat on all layers. Add candied cherries to each of the points and dust with confectioners sugar.
Please Follow me on Instagram!