Pappardelle with Lamb Ragu` with Whipped Ricotta
Pappardelle with Lamb Ragu` with Whipped Ricotta.... a special dish for all holidays and very special days!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ragu`:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound lamb neck bones
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 thyme chopped
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- mint leaves to garnish
- 1 pound Pappardelle pasta
- Get the Pappardelle HERE
- In a large Dutch oven or cast iron casserole heat the oil and sautÃ© the carrots, celery, red pepper and shallots over high heat until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the lamb, bones, rosemary, bay leaves and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook stirring until all the Lamb is nicely browned. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and the tomatoes. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cook covered for about 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced. Remove the lamb neck bones and bay leaves
- Add the Ricotta to a food processor or the jar of a blender and prices for about 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Transfer the sauce to a large bowl and toss together. Add the pecorino cheese and toss, allowing the residual heat of the pasta to melt the cheese.
- Serve in warm bowls topped with a dollop of whipped ricotta and mint leaves.
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Ricotta Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Lamb Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes
I made this recently and it was fantastic. I wanted something different for Sunday dinner and this f...
See Full Review >> - FrankieC