Pasta and Chickpeas - Pasta e Ceci
Pasta and chickpeas... one of the ultimate comfort foods!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ceci:
- 1 pound dry chickpeas
- 28 ounces passata or crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, as desired
- 1 pound Ditalini pasta
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- The evening before, wash the chickpeas and put them in a pot with water, 4 bay leaves and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. The water should be 2 inches above the chickpeas.
- The next day, leave the chickpeas in the same water. You may have to add a little more water to keep it 1 inch above the chickpeas. Cover the pot and cook at low flame for about 3 hours.
- Separately prepare an onion based tomato sauce and once the chickpeas are cooked, mix together.
- Boil the Ditalini pasta in salted water.
- Pour the chickpeas and broth over the pasta. Add a dash of EV olive oil and pepper as desired.
Can someone tell me, do you add the chick peas in the bay leaf water to the tomato sauce, or do you ...
See Full Review >> - Lads929
You guys are so cute. My mom keeps her ricotta containers to in fact she gave me her ceci in a conta...
See Full Review >> - Giuba
Do not add salt to water. Chick peas will cook faster - about an hour. Add salt after cooking. I ...
See Full Review >> - Elisa DiVirgilio