Pasta and Chickpeas - Pasta e Ceci
Pasta and chickpeas... one of the ultimate comfort foods!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ceci:
- 1 pound dry chickpeas
- 28 ounces passata or crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, as desired
- 1 pound Ditalini pasta
- The evening before, wash the chickpeas and put them in a pot with water, 4 bay leaves and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. The water should be 2 inches above the chickpeas.
- The next day, leave the chickpeas in the same water. You may have to add a little more water to keep it 1 inch above the chickpeas. Cover the pot and cook at low flame for about 3 hours.
- Separately prepare an onion based tomato sauce and once the chickpeas are cooked, mix together.
- Boil the Ditalini pasta in salted water.
- Pour the chickpeas and broth over the pasta. Add a dash of EV olive oil and pepper as desired.
You guys are so cute. My mom keeps her ricotta containers to in fact she gave me her ceci in a conta...
See Full Review >> - Giuba
Good basic recipe. Never add salt to beings well they are soaking. That makes them tough. The onl...
See Full Review >> - AngMingrone