Spaghetti Aglio Olio and Peperoncino
Spaghetti "ajo e oio e peperoncino" in roman slang, in correct Italian "aglio, olio e peperoncino" spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and red chili pepper is the quickest and easiest I know. Often it is prepared in Italy in the summer evenings at midnight to celebrate with friends since this recipe is very simple and fast. The recipe is very spicy and hot. It is not considered a real recipe in italy, but an easy way to prepare pasta especially when camping outside the home as it requires very few ingredients. In restaurants in Italy it is hard to find because nobody would pay for a dish so simple but I assure you, if well prepared, it is excellent!!!
- You need a pot with 4 quarts of water
- Salt water as desired and boil the pasta al dente
- while the pasta is cooking, in a frying pan add the EV olive oil and the garlic cloves peeled but whole, without chopping them, and crushed red pepper.
- Saute` the garlic until it is light golden.
- when the pasta is ready pour it into the hot oil pan and toss for 1-2 minutes.
- serve hot.
depending on my mood I add chopped parsley on top of the pasta or a combo of breadcrumbs, parm &...
See Full Review >> - NinaNonni
My kind of comfort food. I often add the rind off a parmgiano with the garlic and peperoncino and th...
See Full Review >> - Andy Gagliardi
I have made this my go to recipe for unexpected company. Just go east on the Chili flakes, very hot ...
See Full Review >> - doorguyjack
This is my pranzo usuale di venerdi. Love it, and so easy to prepare. I usually crush 3 cloves of g...
See Full Review >> - Moggy
I always add anchovies and capers to this recipe. - Italianmama