Anelletti e Polpettine - Spaghetti-O’s & Meatballs
Anelletti e Polpettine - Spaghetti-O’s & Meatballs.
All kids love these...and adults too!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground meatloaf mix, Veal, pork and beef
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or shaved
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces Tomato Passata (purée)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried Anelletti Pasta
- Anelletti Pasta available HERE!
- To make the Meatballs:
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix with your hands until you have uniform mixture.
- Roll into meatballs about 1/2 inch in diameter. Set aside.
- To make the Sauce:
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and salt.
- Fill the jar/can up with about 1/2 cup of water. Rinse out the jar/can and add it to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and add the meatballs to the sauce. Return the pan to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop the pasta into salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and add the pasta to the meatballs and sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of grated cheese.
This is a great recipe and MUCH better than the canned stuff. :) My daughter requests it at least on...
See Full Review >> - NJ2NC_2006