Spaghetti with Sausage Meatballs
Spaghetti with Sausage Meatballs.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage meat, casings removed
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely minced
- 3 extra virgin olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 28 oz can peeled tomatoes, pureed by a blender
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to serve
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the meatballs:
- In a mixing bowl combine the sausage, cheese, garlic and basil and mix together until combined. Shape into 24 meatballs and transfer to a plate.
- Put a large saute pan over a medium high flame and heat the oil. Add the meatballs to the pan and cook until browned on all sides, about 7-8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To make the sauce:
- In the same pan add the garlic and saute until golden, about 1 minute. Add the pureed tomatoes, water, salt and basil and meatballs to the pan. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes while stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop the spaghetti in and cook until al dente. Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Serve in warm bowls sprinkled with grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.