St. Joseph's Pasta - Mafaldine di San Giuseppe
Mafaldine or Lagane of St. Joseph... a must have for St. Joseph's Day. Pasta with Bread Crumbs and Anchovies.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Lagane (Mafaldine) pasta (see link below)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 ounces fillets of anchovies (see link below)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Get the Mafaldine Pasta HERE!
- Get the Fillets of Anchovies HERE!
- Toast the bread crumbs by putting 3 Tbs of EV olive oil in a saute` pan and adding the bread crumbs.
- Continuously stir the bread crumbs with a wooden spoon until bread crumbs turn golden-light brown. Put aside for later.
- Boil the Mafaldine pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saute` pan add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil.
- Cut the anchovies into small pieces.
- When the oil is very hot, add the anchovies to the hot oil, stir the anchovies for 10 seconds and then add 1 cup of pasta water. BE CAREFUL with this step. We suggest that you use a larger than usual saute` pan as there may be some splashing especially when you add the anchovies to the hot oil.
- Drain the pasta and add the hot oil as condiment. Stir well.
- Serve the pasta and garnish with a generous dose of toasted bread crumbs and a sprinkle of fresh black pepper.
This version is a lot more tame than the one I grew up with in a Sicilian-American family from San F...
See Full Review >> - svscarpulla
Looks amazing! I can’t wait to make it!???????? - Lorraine Chacon
Easy and delic2ious - Joy1402
I made this today for my family. It was delicious even though it was a little early for St. Joseph'...
See Full Review >> - jackiemarino23
What\'s not to love about pasta with anchovies!!! - erikalwong
Just so folks know, the anchovies disappear. They disolve into the oil so all you're left with is th...
See Full Review >> - ahawk61
Thank you for giving me a name to the pasta our family has been eating as our Christmas eve pasta. T...
See Full Review >> - kathyr123
Thank you for this pasta dish.I will be making it on st Josephs day.cant wait to try it! - Stefanc