Zucchini Flower Fritters
Zucchini Flower Fritters.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Fritters:
- 2 small zucchini, chopped very small
- about 10-15 zucchini flowers, washed and cut into small pieces
- garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh sheep-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- olive oil, for frying
Nonna's Good Luck Bracelets!
Now in La Bottega!
In White & Yellow Gold HERE!
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the oil. Using a spoon mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat 2 inches of olive oil in a pot over a high flame and drop the batter into the hot oil by spoonful.
- Fry until the Fritters are golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Using a spider or a slotted spoon, transfer them to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle them with salt.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.