Apple & Jam Pull Apart Cake
Apple & Jam Pull Apart Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- zest of one lemon
- 2 packets Vanillina Powder or 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 Gala Apple, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 7 tablespoons peach or apricot jam (I used peach)
- ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Get the Ingredients for this Recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and heat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated followed by the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add in half the dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Add in the milk or heavy cream and mix until fully incorporated. Add in the remaining flour and mix until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop the batter into the baking sheet creating 7 mounds to create a circle.
- Using the back of a tablespoon create an indentation in each petal. *This is easier if the spoon is wet.
- Fill each indentation with the jam of your choice.
- Arrange the Apple slices around the jam.
- Sprinkle the cake with granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is slightly golden.
- Cool completely and dust with confectioners sugar.