Apple Walnut Cake with Strega
Apple Walnut Cake with Strega.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Strega liqueur or Rum
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet Vanillina or 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Gala apple, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 1/4 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Vanillina is available HERE
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Spray a 9 inch Springform Pan with Baking Spray
- Add the raisins and Strega to a bowl and set aside. Let sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Add in the oil, milk and Strega that the raisins were soaking in. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour a little at a time until absorbed. Add in the baking powder and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the apple, nuts and raisins. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake until the center is golden and springy. About 50-60 minutes.
Wonderful ingredients. Great addition to any of Nonna's meals. - new york