Bird's Nests Cookies - Basket Cookies
Bird's Nests Cookies (Nidi di Uccelli) - Basket Cookies... lovely and delicate cookies to be enjoyed at all the major holidays and at all the family parties.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Crust:
- 3 Oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup of flour
For the Filling:
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and work it a little bit with the paddle until it gets nice and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and let them mix well.
- Add the flour and continue to mix until all the flour is absorbed.
- Make a ball out of the dough, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate it for one hour.
- Meantime you can prepare the filling.
- In a bowl add the eggs and beat them.
- Add the butter and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Add the brown sugar and continue to mix until the sugar is totally melted.
- Take a mini-cupcake pan, roll a small piece of dough half the size of a golf ball and place it in each cavity of the pan. With your fingers spread the dough against to bottom and the wall of the cavity to form a little basket. Alternatively, you can use a Pastry Shaper to mold the baskets better. (You can get one right HERE)
- Drop about one teaspoon of the walnut mix in each basket. Fill all your baskets and bake the for about 12-15 mins. at 375F.
Very good & not difficult. The quantity of the filling was way too much for the dough. I made 24...
See Full Review >> - Sandy11