Chocolate Ricotta Cookies
This cookie recipe is actually for a true chocoholic! Different from the traditional Ricotta cookie. its chocolatey in and out!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ricotta Cheese, part skim
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 3 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teasponns almond extract
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons karo syrup
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add almond and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- Stir in ricotta cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies bounce back when touched lightly and there is no wet look in the center of cookie.
- Transfer to a cookie rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by mixing melted butter, sugar, extract, and karo syrup together.
- When cookies are cool, frost & decorate as desired!
Original Recipe: www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/2012/12/triple-chocolate-ricotta-cookies.html
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Ricotta Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Ricotta Cookie Recipes
light, not too sweet, needed no glaze - sasapee