Cut Spaghetti and Potatoes Pasta e Patate
Cut Spaghetti and Potatoes in a light tomato sauce. Or better knows as Pasta e Patate
For 6 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 pound dried spaghetti, broken by hand into 2 inch pieces
- grated pecorino cheese
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put a small saucepan over a high flame and bring the 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Put a large pot over a medium flame and add the oil and onion.
- Cook until the onion become translucent, about 5-7 minutes and add the potatoes. Let the potatoes saute` for about 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and the crushed tomatoes and let everything cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and lower the flame to low. Let everything cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and drop in the broken spaghetti. Cook until al dente and drain.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and the potatoes. Mix over a low flame for 1-2 minutes just until the flavors have amalgamated. Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of Pecorino Romani cheese and black pepper, if desired.