Fettuccine Nests with Lobster Sauce
A great dish for a special occasion or anytime. This recipe might take a while but it is worth the time it takes.
For 6 Person(s)
- 2 1 1/4 pounds of whole lobsters (crack the lobster in half ...length wise and take out the guts and rinse the lobster with cold water. Take the claws off the lobster.
- 2 pounds of Fettuccine Nests (or any kind of past you like)
- 3 cans of Cento Italian Peeled Tomatoes (35 oz each can)
- 1 Large Onion... chopped
- 3 Clovers of garlic....chopped
- 3/4 cup of EVOO
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 Very large pot
- 1 medium pot
- vegetable masher with handle and steel filters (use smallest filter (holes). Or you can use a blender
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 large dish
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Pre-heat oven 350
- Lobsters: take off the claws. Place the claws and the lobsters that have been cracked in half on a cookie sheet.
- On each lobster place 3 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
- Cook until the lobster meat turns white. Take it out and set aside but leave the claws in for another 10 minutes.
- Open all 3 cans of sauce.
- Put the smallest filter on the vegetable masher or you can use a blender.
- Empty container of tomatoes & sauce into a vegetable masher or blender and puree and set aside and repeat with the other two cans of tomatoes. (all should be puree)
- In large pot place the EVOO and heat.
- Then add the chopped onions until translucent.
- Then add the chopped garlic until they get a little color.
- Then pour in the puree sauce into the pot.
- Add the salt, sugar and black pepper to the sauce.
- When the sauce starts to boil put the lobsters and claws into the sauce and lower the flame.
- Then cook for about 1 hour.
- Remove lobsters and claws from the sauce.
- Remove the meat from the lobsters and the claws.
- Add the lobster and claw meat to the sauce and cook on low heat.
- Fill the medium pot with water and place on stove...until it boils.
- Then add the Fettuccine nests to the boiling water and add salt cook it to the way you like it.
- Drain the Fettuccine.
- Place the Fettuccine on a large dish.
- Place some Lobster sauce on the pasta and serve.
- There will be lots of sauce leftover. I put the leftover sauce in containers and then freeze for future use. Happy Mother's Day to all. Enjoy !!
First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Nonna Mimi Acquista, Lobster Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes