Fettuccine with Sausage and Mascarpone
Fettuccine with Sausage and Mascarpone.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Fettucine pasta
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (removed from the casing)
- 1 ounces frozen sweet peas (thawed)
- 2 small onions chopped
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- black pepper (to taste)
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- In a large sauté pan brown the sausage in the olive oil. About 7-10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon transfer it to a plate leaving the rendered fat in the pan. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until the edges start to brown.
- Add the wine and reduce.
- Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add the sausage back into the pan and sauté all together for about 5 minutes. Add the al dente pasta and mascarpone and toss together.
- Finish with fresh ground black pepper.