Sambuca Glazed Easter Bread Baskets
Sambuca Glazed Easter Bread Baskets.
For 7 Person(s)
For the Baskets:
- 4 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 4 packets Vanillina or 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 7 dyed eggs (not boiled)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 10 tablespoons Sambuca Liqueur
- colored nonpareils to decorate
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the baskets:
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, zest and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or an electric mixer until a dough forms.
- Lightly flour a work surface.
- Take a golf ball sized piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Press down on the ball with your palm and flatten it. Flatten out the edges with your fingers until you have a circle about 4-5 inches wide. Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- *It is much easier to make the baskets directly on the baking sheet i style moving them once they are made.
- Take two pieces of dough about 1/4 Cup each. Roll both pieces into a rope about 11-12 inches long. Connect the pieces at one end and twist them. Connect the twisted pieces at the other end. Form the twisted pieces into a circle and place them on top of the flattened circle.
- Place the dyed egg in the center of the basket.
- Take two small pieces of dough and roll them into a rope about 1/4 inch thick and 5-6 inches long. Twist the pieces and join them ends making a thin, twisted rope.
- Fit the twisted rope over the egg and gently press it onto either side of the dough.
- Bake the baskets for 20 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and Sambuca until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the baskets and decorate with nonpareils.