Fish Parmigiana... a traditional Christmas fish dish from Campania to be also enjoyed the rest of the year!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Parmigiana:
- 8 ffounder filet or another white fish that you prefer
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound mozzarella
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- frying oil
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Dip the fish in flour and then in egg wash and fry the fish until lightly golden. Dry on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Slice the eggplant thin, dip the slices in flour and the egg wash just like the fish and fry them as well.
- Salt both the fried fish and the fried eggplant and begin assembling them in layers.
- On a plate, place a slice of fish, then a slice of eggplant, a tablespoon of tomato sauce, topped by a slice of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering process again and place the finished product in the over at 350F for 5 minutes to give a chance to the mozzarella to melt a little.