Garganelli with Sausage Radicchio and Cream
Garganelli with Sausage Radicchio andCream.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 shallot, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 8 ounces radicchio, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 pint heavy cream
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and black pepper as desired
- 1 pound garganelli pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the sausage and sauté while breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Once the sausage is browned, about 5 minutes add the shallot. Cook until the shallot has softened a bit, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the radicchio to the pan and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan and heat it almost to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add the nutmeg.
- Drop the garganelli into a large pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Remove from heat and add the grated cheese allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese. Add some fresh black pepper as desired.
Please Follow me on Instagram!