Grilled Eggplant and Ricotta Stacks
Grilled Eggplant and Ricotta Stacks: This simple yet impressive recipe works beautifully as a side or appetizer. It's also a great way to use leftover Eggplant from a BBQ!
For 10 Person(s)
For the Eggplant:
- 3 Sicilian eggplant or 1 1/2 regular Eggplant cut into discs.
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup whole milk or part skim Rrcotta
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- grated Parmigiano cheese to sprinkle on top
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Brush Eggplant slices with oil and grill on a barbecue grill or a cast iron grill pan brushed with oil as well.
- Grill a few minutes on each side until slices are soft. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the Ricotta, Basil and salt to taste to a blender or a food processor and process till smooth.
- To assemble the stacks spoon some tomato sauce into a plate. Using the back of the spoon spread in a circular motion. Layer eggplant, and ricotta using 3 slices per stack. Top with ricotta and spoon some more sauce on top.
- Garnish with some fresh basil and grated Parmigiano cheese. Best served at room temperature.