Linguine with Mussels
Mussels over linguine with a light tomato sauce... perfect at any time of the year!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Linguine:
- 2 pounds mussels
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- fresh parsley
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Wash the mussels under cold water and set aside.
- In a large pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic cloves crushed or minced as you prefer.
- Saute` the garlic until lightly golden and add the tomatoes.
- Add the wine. Salt and hot pepper as desired.
- Cook the tomatoes for about 10 mins. Add the mussels and half of the parsley.
- Cook the mussels for about 10 mins. Stir them occasionally. At then end add the remainder of the parsley.
- Any mussels that have not opened, discard them as they are most likely bad. Do not even try to open them.
- Cook the linguine al dente and pour in the pan with the mussels.
- Toss for 2 minutes and serve.
For safety, before I put the mussels in the pan, I open each one with a knife to be sure that it is alive and good. You can easily tell by the fresh sea perfume. Any bad ones you discard them. If you do so, be sure to recover any water that comes out of the mussels as it gives so much flavor to the sauce.