Italian S Cookies
Italian S Cookies - a staple in every Italian cookie jar!
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 13x18 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the 4 eggs, sugar, oil and zest. Mix on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough comes together, about 3-4 minutes. Do not over mix! The dough should be soft but stiff enough that it does not stick to your hands.
- In a small bowl beat the remaining egg with a fork for the egg wash. Set aside.
- Working with a handful of dough at a time, roll out the dough into a 1 inch thick rope.
- Cut 5-6 inch pieces and shape each piece into an S shape about 2 inches apart. Gently press each cookie to flatten them slightly.
- Brush each cookie with the egg wash. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Can a sugar substitute be used in this recipe? - agie76
I made these and the family loved them. The recipe is simple with no special ingredients so you can ...
See Full Review >> - Bscordam