Lemon Zucchini Pasta Salad with Cannellini Beans
Lemon Zucchini Pasta Salad with Cannellini Beans.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Dressing:
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves minced
For the Pasta Salad:
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 2 12oz jars of cannellini beans
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- To make the pasta salad:
Put a large skillet over a medium-high flame and heat about 1/4 inch of extra virgin olive oil. Fry the sliced zucchini in batches until they are golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and run the pasta under cold water to stop the cooking. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the fried zucchini and cannellini beans to the pasta. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate and chill for 2 hours before serving.