Medaglioni: a great way to stuff your empty Panzerotto or Frittella!
- Take a piece of dough the size of a tennis ball and flatten it with a rolling pin into a flat and round shape. The thickness of the dough should be no more than 1/4 of an inch.
- Fold the dough over itself and close it in the shape of 1/2 moon.
- Press down the outer edges of the dough to completely seal the Medaglione. With a ravioli cutter, cut the excess dough from all around the Medaglione.
- Fry in olive oil till they are golden brown.
- Cut open and fill with Prosciutto di Parma, mozzarella, tomatoes and lettuce.