Nutella Filled Ricotta Cookies
Nutella Filled Ricotta Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Get your Nutella HERE
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the Nutella into 20 teaspoons and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 1 hour while you make the cookie dough.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta and sugar. Mix with a spoon until smooth. Add in the butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix until absorbed and a dough forms that does not stick to your hands.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a rounded tablespoon of dough into your hand and flatten into a disk. Place a frozen piece of Nutella in the center and roll the ball of dough quickly to close. Place each cookie 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and dust with confectioners sugar.